an old friend has just rung to tell us that the magnificent Gord Downie has announced that he has terminal cancer. This link will take you to an article about that handsome young Prime Minister telling you more.
Justin Trudeau. His name is Justin Trudeau.
And Gord Downie is the super cool singer (and perhaps songwriter?) for the Tragically Hip. I think he’s also the songwriter. I’ll ask my husband, who is a huge fan of the Hip. Or I’ll ask the internet, which knows all sorts of things.
It all feels a bit poignant and personal, praps a bit cosmic, because this news come as I am packing my bags to go to Banff for the symposium of excitement.
Things to do:
- load up with excellent music – increase quota of Canadian tunes, check podcasts.
- Rapidly develop a comprehensive understanding of telecommunications and use this to practical effect (!)
- Siphon toiletries into tiny plastic bottles.
- play matching pairs with Little Girl
- tidy up the raised veggie bed with Big Girl
- print off paperwork for flights, etc.
ZOINKS x x
ps three links I just gotta share today …
First, an EXCELLENT article from the Atlantic about how kids learn resilience, a piece from the Harvard Business Review about the importance of emotional intelligence in leadership, and THIS is amazing “The Invisible Burden that Leaves Moms Drained” … This really resonated and I’m totally inspired to read more from the researchers cited in here. You?